- What to wear: Clothing is very important in a photograph. I recommend wearing layers as much as possible to add texture and interest. I also recommend hats, scarfs, ruffles, buttons, funky tights and boots. The more color the better! Try to avoid anything with large logos on them. You want to feel good in your clothes and be able to move around and have fun!!!! For family sessions, dark jeans work well. Try to pick a color scheme but don't match too much, something within the same color tonality would be great! I am here to help you if you have any questions about what to wear. I want your images to be as unique, fun and full of personality as YOU are! :) The best part of any portrait session is having fun, trying different poses, locations and absolutely nothing is OFF limits - make all the goofy faces your heart desires!! There is NO perfect way to pose, smile or stand just be YOURSELF and allow that beautiful soul to SHINE through, that's where true beauty resides!!! ~~ My goal is to capture who you are!!!
- What to expect: My style is casual, fun, and laid back. Often I find that children do better if Mom and Dad are off in the distance, same with teens and tweens, so don't be surprised if I ask you to step away momentarily! I prefer to focus on the children and siblings, however I do photograph families too.
- CLOTHING: Avoid stripes, plaids and very large patterns! Solids and small prints/patterns photograph much better. Make sure to bring a variety of outfits. Different colors, styles, and dress levels. Bring one or two outfits mom likes and then we can move onto the stuff you want to do! It's better to bring too many outfit choices than not enough. We can help you choose when you get here. Some ideas would be long sleeves, solid dark top, a white long sleeve shirt for white on white, a timeless outfit suitable for your grandparents, a trendy, fashionable outfit, and your favorite casual outfit that shows your unique style. Don't forget about a great coat with fur, prom dresses, hats and scarves, boots, you school or favorite college gear, bandannas, etc. Make sure your clothing choices fit well. This goes for both guys and girls. Baggy clothing will make you look larger and so will clothing that is too tight. Sleeveless styles , while popular, can make your arms look bigger so be sure to choose wisely. Cap sleeves are not advisable! Make sure to bring some longer sleeved outfits!
- WHAT TO BRING: Bring all items you need for each outfit: shoes, belts, jewelry, and for the girls proper undergarments including strapless bras if necessary. Please bring your outfits ironed, on hangers. You would be what happens when things are stuffed in a bag ~ YES wrinkles do SHOW!
- CHANGING: There usually isn't a place to change on location for your outdoor sessions (my preference). I do have a truck you can change in, but you girls may want to consider a tank under your clothing to help changing situations.
- NAILS: Your nails show! For both guys and girls, make sure your nails are clean and manicured. This doesn't mean that you girls need to run out and spend big bucks on nails, just make sure they are filed, cuticles taken care of and neatly polished, if desired, in neutral colors. Most girls love barefoot, casual shots. Make sure your toenails are in top shape and avoid brightly colored or unusual colored nail polish.
- MAKEUP: should look natural, applied as if you are going on a date! If you don't wear make-up at all, you need to consider a light coat of mascara and a little blush. I promise you will still look like yourself. Please bring something for your lips such as lipstick, lip gloss, chapstick, etc. Lip gloss with color is a perfect choice!! You also need to bring powder for those shiny spots that will pop up during your session. Please have your makeup applied before you get here and we can make any adjustments if we need too. Guys, if your lips are dry, cracked, or sunburned, you will need chapstick!
- HAIR: Don't try anything new with your hair before your session. This means color or cut, and this goes for both guys and girls. Once to two weeks before, depending on how fast your hair grows, is about right. Girls, please remember to bring a comb or brush and any hair products you may need. Hair spray can be very helpful for those stray hairs that won't stay down.
- SHAVING: Both guys and girls , make sure you shave the day of your session. And girls, be careful with the deodorant! We all know how it can get on our clothes and show if you raise your arms in a tank or prom dress.
- TANNING and SUNBURNS: Tans photograph well, sunburns do not! Avoid too deep a tan for your skin type. Too deep a tan will actually make your face look fuller and your skin will have a flat dull appearance. If you are sunburned or peeling, you will need to reschedule your session. Please avoid trying to get some last minute sun, either naturally or in a tanning bed. You also need to be very careful with self tanners and spray on tans. Orange streaky girls cannot be retouched easily. Guys, avoid those ball cap lines on your foreheads and new haircut lines!
- PROPS: I have some, but BRING THEM! Sports gear (ball, uniforms, football pads, medals, running shoes, etc.) instruments, cars, motorcycles, pets, and yes, even friends! Make sure everything is clean, including the friends! LOL If you can see it, the camera will see it too!
- MUSIC: Bring your ipod loaded with your favorite tunes and we can definitely TURN IT UP during your session!
- WEATHER: Mother Nature is the natural dictator of when a session can be taken. Outdoor sessions need to be earlier in the morning (on weekends) or later in the afternoon. That high, mid-day sun is a No-No! An overcast cloudy day is fine, clouds can actually be a friend! If it is raining though we will definitely re-schedule!
- REVIEW: 1) Bring enough clothes 2) flawless makeup applied before you get here and bring make up bag. 3) clean nails, shoes and ironed clothing 4) Shave! 5) Brush TEETH 6) No sunburns 7) bring props as many as you like 9) Load up the Ipod and 10) arrive on time!!!! Let's have some fun!
- Within two-three weeks you will receive a message from me with instructions on how to view your online gallery. Your gallery will remain active for 14 days. You will also receive your CD by this time. If you wish to order prints you can order them from your gallery or your free to use your disk which includes edited images only! :)
- I reserve the right to use all images for display, publication, or other purposes.